A Prayer is a fundamental piece in the life of any Christian. Praying is talking to God, and communication is essential for a relationship to exist.
The “Our Father” is one of the best-known prayers in the Bible, as it was taught to the disciples by Jesus. It doesn’t mean that we have to pray and repeat the Our Father every day, but we can pray in our own words, using this prayer as a model.
Why is the Lord’s Prayer so important?
This is the best model of prayer that we can find in the Word of God, as we find fundamental elements of Christianity:
- worship (Blessed is your name);
- submission (Thy will be done);
- provision request (give us today our daily bread);
- request for forgiveness (forgive our debts);
- release of forgiveness (just as we forgive our debtors);
- request for protection (and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil).
Want to better understand the meaning, see!
You, pray like this:
“Our Father, who art in heaven!
Blessed is your name. Your Kingdom come;
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven. Give us ours today
daily bread. Forgive our debts,
just as we forgive
to our debtors. And don’t let us fall
but deliver us from evil,
for yours is the kingdom, the power and the glory forever. Amen.
He said to them, “When you pray, say:
Blessed is your name.
Your Kingdom come. Give us our daily bread each day. Forgive us our sins,
because we also forgive
to everyone who owes us.
And don’t let us fall